Sunday 18 January 2015

LANEIGE ~ BB Cushion (Pore Control)

After having tried my first ever BB Cushion (IOPE); I had always wanted to try out the Laneige one as I heard it was one of the better BB cushions out in the market; and I was finally able to get it during my Singapore trip!

What is behind the Laneige BB Cushion technology?

1. Revolutionary Cushion with 800,000 Pores
2. Double-Layered Container
3. Customized Puff


What benefits does the BB Cushion - Pore Control have?



What colours are available?

Unlike other asian brands that have only 2-3 colour choices, Laneige has a good range of colours to suit different skin tones and mostly all with a beige undertone that asian women have.


Here are some pictures of the actual product. 
(sorry the box is a bit crumpled from being in my suitcase!)..



(There is a refill pack inside the box)







The BB Cream has a very fine consistency - like water, unlike BB Creams in a tube which comes out quite thick. Using the puff makes it really quick to apply and blends really well.
The BB Cream provides a medium-full coverage depending on how many layers you apply and is very pigmented; I only pressed my puff twice on the cushion to cover half of my face.

To truly see the effects of this product I covered the left half of my face with the Pore Control BB Cream and kept the right side bare with just some moisturiser on ~ I only applied one layer of product for a more natural look:

(Please excuse my messy appearance and the wonky line.. lol)

  1. My face appears instantly brighter and more even in complexion; the BB cream also did a good job at covering my dark circles which is quite visible on the bare side.
  2. I have quite big pores on my cheeks but these were definitely minimised with the use of this product as they seemed smaller. 
  3. The finish is semi-matte and reflects a bit of light for a healthier look. I much prefer this finish compared to the IOPE BB Cushion which was a bit too dewy for me. 

WHAT I LIKE:
  • I have always been a BB Cream girl rather than a foundation girl; therefore I love the powder-compact style and how easy it is to use and to travel with. The packaging is also thinner than i expected so it takes up less room in my makeup bag. 
  • I like how Laneige provide a refill with the product which is good value for the price. 
  • This product gives a lot of coverage but doesn't feel heavy on the skin, this also means the cushion will last longer because you won't need to use a lot of product.
  • I really love the finish of this bb cream as it is very natural and healthy looking. 

WHAT I DISLIKE:
  • The only thing I don't really like is the puff - i have never really liked using sponges/puffs to apply wet products like foundations or bb creams because I always think bacteria will grow since it is damp and it's then confined in a compact which can promote more bacteria growth.. therefore I wash my puff very often which can be a bit annoying since I have to wait for it to dry as well. 
  • I have tried using my hands to apply the cream but I do not recommend it as it is not even and looks streaky. 

I Hope this review was helpful and thank you for reading!
Speak to you all soon :) 

x J x

No comments:

Post a Comment