Monday 13 February 2017

SKINNYMINT 28day Teatox.. WORTH IT or NOT??!

Hello everyone!, today I bring you my first impressions of the SkinnyMint 28 Day Ultimate Teatox program, priced at £39.90.
I have collaborated with SkinnyMint to test their product out since I have never tried any Teatox tea's before and was really curious as to what benefits I would get whilst drinking it!







The Teatox is formulated from natural ingredients and uses their natural properties to help detox your body and give you other benefits such as decrease in bloating, increase in metabolism and boost your energy (Just to name a few).

The 28 Day Ultimate Teatox program is a 2 step program.
1 - Morning Boost, which is drank every morning with/or before breakfast for the whole 28days.
2 - Night Cleanse, which is drank every Other night starting from day 1 as a detox.

Here is an image taken from the SkinnyMint website of the list of ingredients in the 28day program and their benefits:

Morning Boost & Night Cleanse ingredients.
I will be recording my experience of both tea's on this blog post and update on a weekly basis about any changes in my body, side effects and any benefits I have been having!.


Monday 9th Jan 17::

Morning Boost
9.30am // I drank the Morning Boost teabag before breakfast today and my first impressions of this tea was: It is easy to drink and smells fragrant of oranges. It is more on the bland side of teas compared to what I am use to drinking, so I added in a slice of lemon to give it a hint of taste and it definitely tastes better with lemon in my opinion!


10.30am // I'm not sure if it is the caffeine in the Morning Boost (not recommended to drink after 5pm) but I felt an increase in my energy levels probably about 30-60mins after drinking it. It feels like an actual "Boost".. like I was charged up? And I managed to be very productive and filmed 2 videos after feeling this kick of energy, Loving this affect!



Night Cleanse

10.00pm // It is super late now since I fell asleep earlier whilst putting Elyana to bed..XD But I managed to wake up and drink my Night Cleanse!

The teabag has a strong fragrance of Ginger and tastes mainly of ginger and peppermint. The peppermint leaf gives your mouth and throat a tingling sensation and the ginger makes the tea a bit spicy to drink. I personally really like the tea and prefer the Night Cleanse over the Morning Boost!

WATCH MY FIRST IMPRESSIONS OF SKINNYMINT!:


Day 2 :

I went to sleep shortly after drinking the night cleanse so I didn't wait to see if there were any affects.

9:00am // This morning I drank the Morning Boost with some lemon again like yesterday, but I drunk it whilst eating breakfast today. I also noticed that my stomach is a lot flatter than usual, even after eating breakfast, it isn't bloated. Looking at the ingredients, I think the cause may be the Night Cleanse since it has the Peppermint and Senna Leaves which says decreases bloating. *THUMBS UP!*

About 15mins after I felt the slightest of cramping (which is a known effect of the cleanse), but it wasn't severe at all and didn't make me feel like I needed the toilet in any way. 
But when I Did go to the toilet, I felt a bit constipated..? I'm not sure if this is due to the tea, or the fact that we went to a buffet last night..LOL. But i will see if it carries on throughout the week and update you on it.

10:00am // Feeling the "Boost" from the Morning Boost tea again, but not as strong as yesterday.
I won't be drinking the Night Cleanse tonight since it is meant to be drank every other night; therefore I will update you all again about my teatox journey in 1weeks time!


16th Jan 2017::

Hello guys! I am back with an update on my SkinnyMint progress! I have been drinking the tea for 1week now, and I have stuck to it pretty well apart from I missed 1 Night Cleanse tea mid week, because I fell asleep again.. ':)
I am currently drinking the morning boost, without any lemon or honey, since I have grown to like the flavour of the tea and don't find it as bland as I originally thought. :)
I've noticed more significant effects of increased metabolism because I am ALWAYS HUNGRY! Lmao! I have to admit that I hardly ate before I started this program.. what I mean is I never stuck to 3meals a day. But now I enjoy eating 3 or more meals (smaller sizes) a day without the bad effects of bloating!
The night cleanse does a great job at keeping your stomach flat! I do still feel the mild cramps the day after I drink the night cleanse; but like the first time I tried it, it was nothing severe.
I know that during the program it advises you to eat healthier and exercise.. well.. I haven't stuck to that at all! >_< Reason being that I am currently moving houses so I snack a lot, and my family is also over from HK, so we've been out for family meals etc..


23rd Jan 2017::Wow 2 weeks are over and I'm on my 3rd week of the tea already! I was originally afraid that I wouldn't stick to it because it was such a long program; but it has become a part of my routine to drink the Morning Boost now! I like to change up the taste by alternating the lemon and honey with the Morning Boost, it definitely helps if you get bored of one drink easily! :)
The Night Cleanse has been slightly more difficult to remember since I have bad memory.. but I have managed to take it religiously every other day too. It still has a strong effect on my body after each drink which I have been really enjoying; because lately I have been eating so much rubbish, and I feel the Night Cleanse really helps to detox my body of all the bad toxins! It also helps me unwind at the end of the night because I like to drink something hot before bed (usually green tea!) But The Night Cleanse has no caffeine which is an extra PLUS since it won't keep me awake at night, and I actually think it has made me sleep better instead!.. Not sure if it's due to the Lemon grass/Orange leaves since they are a relaxant/sleep aid ingredient within the tea?
Looking forward to another week of this!



30th Jan 2017::


Hellooo, Jodie here again with another weeks' update! The past week was a bit different than the rest since I was on my period for most of the week. My menstrual symptoms usually include fatigue, weak legs, cramping, back aches and moodiness.
I still experienced all these symptoms but my weak legs and cramps were more intense. Which is most likely due to the Night Cleanse since I do usually experience slight cramping after the drink anyway.
The Morning Boost didn't help much either with the bloating that I usually get during my cycle; but I wasn't expecting it to either since my body is totally different when I am on my period.. so I wouldn't think the Teatox would work the same as it usually does.

One positive thing that my hubby noticed is that my teeth have gotten whiter! :D I use to drink several cups of tea a day, but after starting SkinnyMint I stopped drinking the other teas and I'm so surprised it hasn't added any yellowness to my teeth! ^__^


6th Feb 2017 - FINAL UPDATE!::


Wohoo! I have finally finished the SkinnyMint 28 Day Ultimate Teatox Program!! :D :D

It has been such a fun journey drinking this tea everyday and I feel like I have experienced all the benefits that were possible from this amazing Tea!
During this final week me and my family have been ill.. So I have been drinking the Morning Boost with some honey added in, to help soothe my sore throat and also add some taste to the tea. This has been working really well since honey has antibacterial properties! :)

Here is a photo comparison of when I started the tea and after finishing the tea!


























It may not be a huge difference but my stomach area has definitely gotten flatter and more toned! And this is the result of me eating a lot of junk as well.. so I can't imagine how my body would've looked if I had stuck to a healthy diet throughout the 28days!
Since I have been drinking this tea for such a long period of time, I feel I can finally give you all a list of all the benefits I have experienced during this 28day Program!

PROS:
  • Increased Metabolism
  • Energy Boost = More Motivation
  • Body Cleanse (Detox)
  • Less Bloating
  • Slimmer Figure/Face
  • Whiter Teeth

CONS: 
  • Cramping
  • Taste
  • Can be difficult to remember to drink the Night Cleanse

As you can see the Pros definitely out weigh the Cons! I would endure the minor cramping to experience all the benefits from the tea; and the taste is no biggie with a bit of lemon/honey added in! :) 

Tip: 
If you are experiencing strong effects of the Night Cleanse i.e. Bad Cramping. It may be because you are soaking the teabag for too long!. It is recommended to soak it for only 1-2mins since the longer you soak it, the stronger it is. 
Therefore, adjust the soaking time to suit your own body and take the teabag out of the cup after soaking so it will not get stronger as you drink it! :) 




Remembering to drink the Night Cleanse for hard for me because I have a bad memory, so I mainly looked at my calendar and worked out which days I needed to drink the night cleanse. If you have good memory, I'm sure you can give this a skip! XD

Check out my final review below on my channel! :D



So that pretty much wraps up my whole review for the SkinnyMint 28Day Ultimate Teatox Program!
I hope you have all found this review helpful and I would Fully recommend giving this Teatox a try! :D

Thank you all for reading,
Have a lovely day!

x J x

No comments:

Post a Comment